This took me some time to figure out… here you go.
1. Add the Telephony network repository in YaST2. The URL is http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/telephony/openSUSE_10.3/ …
2. There’s a bug in the deps for Asterisk with mISDNuser (the version in the repository is more recent, but is “uninstallable”) that will block the install process… so as a workaround, first, type
zypper install zaptel. Then download mISDN-1_1_5-3.5.i586.rpm and mISDNuser-1_1_5-2.4.i586.rpm and install them with
rpm -ihv mISDN*.rpm.
3. -Then- you can install asterisk with
zypper install asterisk.
If I have the time, I'll provide configuration details later...
P.S. - Don't even try using the freepbx RPM -- it's busted pretty badly. Not sure why it is, I'll figure it out later...
- Asterisk: The Future of Telephony
- Asterisk Hacking
- Configuration Guide for Asterisk PBX
- Asterisk for Dummies
- Asterisk Telephony Solutions: Installing and Customizing Asterisk 1.4
Yes, those are amazon links. Why? Bandwidth’s expensive, this article’s getting a lot of reads, and I don't want to 'beg' with a tip jar. Thanks for clicking!