Reading List, 1July08
- Less Accounting — along with my man-love of Freshbooks, Less Accounting is a more accounting-ish replacement for Quickbooks. Quickbooks sucks and you should not use it.
- I need to check out the Smart package management system for OpenSuSE… it’s a replacement for Zypper. Zypper’s come a long way since 10.2, though…
anyone know of a similar package management tool to replace yum in Fedora 9? Yum seems to have become teh suck all of a sudden.— Default package management in Fedora has changed from yum to pkcon.
- The Red Sweater Blog on why you should sign development-phase code, including a howto on getting signing certs and stuff set up.
- CNN: Pre-columbian (Mayan, etc.) noisemakers give a hint of what cultures sounded like.
- Working with History in Bash
- Poo-tee-weet’s musings on ordered lists inside RDBMSes — Part One and Part Two.
- ScreenSteps looks interesting.